Thursday, October 4, 2007

almost done

I love these black grommets... they blend so well. I just wish someone made black powdercoated busks.

Anyhoo... here is one panel, the right to be specific, with nothing left but the binding. Eyelets in, all bones in, so it's basically all set.

Which is very good, as I wanted to wear it tomorrow, and adding the binding will be quick My top stitching is pretty good so I don't think hand sewing the back side will be necessary, just a wee bit of hand stitching on the very end to keep it neat. I actually topstitched all the bone casings into the seams made by the panels, and they turned out rather good.

The back lacing panel is actually seperate from the rest of the corset- you can see the seam on the inside. But, that's because it'll be easier to take the corset in when I drop a bit more weight that way.
Here's the final fitting, before finishing it off. I took in the top a wee bit after. I'm also leaning to one side, for some reason.

No comments: