Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fall!

I love fall in Buffalo. Unfortunately it tends to last about thirty seconds before Winter slams down like an iron fist. I realized last night, grabbing a cardigan to go see a friend-of-friend's punk band play, that fall is clearly here.

Summer is so easy for me. Skirt, fitted t-shirt, open heels. Every day. For months. Sometimes sun dresses, but for the office, skirts more often than not.
The short sleeves are a bit much for fall, though...

So I'm thinking a few things like this may be in order..

This one's a Vogue. I don't often make Vogues because, well, I'm cheap, and they don't do 99 cent sales at Joann. However, I've been anxious to try the Today's Fit line, since Sandra Betzina's got a ton of very interesting looking books out there about fit and cut of clothing. I figured it would be a nice way to test out her methods to see if I actually want to spend the money on the books. And that faux-shrug shoulder? How cute is that?? I don't think this pattern would work for everyone, I suspect if I had broad shoulders on my already plus-sized frame it would be pretty bad. Lucky for me (ha!) I've got extremely narrow ones, so it may actually help balance my hips a bit. And shit... knits are forgiving.

I need a fall coat pretty badly. I haven't had one in ages. Coats are a problem for me, I can never find a cut I like in a fabric I like (read: isn't wool, and therefore won't cause physical discomfort). I hate baggy. Hate. And I hate short jackets that end at the waist. But, I think this may do the trick. Longer option, with center buttons, and without the crazed patchwork.

Maybe in a nice poplin or heavy twill... and the lining? Alexander Henry tattoo. :D



Part of me really likes this one. But the other part of me really hates the four-step buttonholer on my machine and would rather be accosted by drunk hobos in an enclosed space.











Oh, and halloween? No. Freaking. Clue. But, I did get french seam pics. They're on my roommate's camera, in his room, where he is asleep. So I'll grab them later.

1 comment:

angldst said...

hmm...I think that first Vogue pattern you posted would work on me...might be a nice way to show off my dove & raven tattoos, depending on where the neckline falls. hmm...Too bad I didn't think to look in that section of the book earlier today at the fabric store (vogues were 75 percent off at the hancock's by my house). :-/

*hugs&love*

-d