Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Legs on display

A current project and a past one...



Here's a custom kilt I made for someone to wear to DragonCon. The owner's nickname is, appropirately enough, Moo.

This was taken before the final pressing, for reasons that might have made sense at the time but have escaped me now. Also, taken on my dress form, which was both too small and the wrong gender.



The flash on the front view didn't go off, and I didn't notice until I went to upload the pics after it had been picked up. Obviously.




Right now I'm working on a skirt for myself. It's a linen/rayon blend in black I bought at Elmwood Village Fabrics over the weekend. Nothing fancy, just a basic a-line for work. However, I'm also experimenting with my first serious attempt at hand embroidery since junior high- a Sublime Stitching design. I'm doing a modification of the martini glass from the Viva Las Vegas set, into two glasses, one with an olive, one without, and an olive at the base. It is going... slowly. Mostly because I started far too late last night, and woke up to discover I'd somehow managed to satin stitch the outline of a glass. Poorly. So I picked that out, and will redo it this evening. After I hem a pair of pants for a coworker. And do the "new fabric dance" when I open the mail (hopefully).

2 comments:

ethylene said...

Yay, I'm glad you have a sewing blog. While my stuff tends far more towards fabric arts and novelties, you always make me wanna take a good gutting stab at doing things "the right way."

the kelly said...

I never really do things "the right way," which is kind of a good thing. Since I'm self taught for the most part I just do things how I suspect they "should" be, so I occasionally stumble on tricks that someone who was formally trained wouldn't have learned.

And fabric arts are awesome. As are novelties. I've been making little envelope business card holders from my fabric scraps lately.